If you know me at all, you know that I love love love coffee and everything related to it! Recently, I wanted to make some coffee cake muffins to bring to a small group gathering, so I went on a Pinterest hunt to find the perfect recipe. I found an amazing one, and with some tweaks it became the best.
To get to the original recipe from Damn Delicious, follow this link. The original recipe was really good, but I ended up making these three different times, and I kept tweaking more and more to make the recipe great. By the time I got the result I wanted, I had made changes to the muffin recipe, the crumb topping recipe, and the glaze recipe. After all those changes, it seemed like a new concoction altogether!
Below is my version of these muffins. You’ll have to let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 C milk
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 T sugar
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 t milk
- Lay some parchment paper on the counter.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, then add melted butter.
- Spread mixture out on the parchment paper until it is dry.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and add liners to a muffin pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until everything is just combined.
- Distribute the muffin batter into the tray. Top with dried crumb topping and gently press crumbs into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before adding glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Add more powdered sugar to make the glaze thicker if necessary.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins and allow to set before enjoying.
Hello! I am a work-at-home mom to twin girls and a canine. I’m learning what life looks like when you surrender to God. Passionate about parenthood, marriage, and all things coffee!