I’ve talked about how my husband and I started making our own vanilla syrup, and we wanted to try out some other flavors, as well. We made this hazelnut syrup as well as a simple syrup, and we hope to try out some others soon.
Now that we’ve started making our own syrups, we will never go back to buying it from a store. You can definitely taste the difference!
Give this a try, and let me know how it goes!
- 1 package chopped hazelnuts
- 2C sugar
- 2C water
- Combine sugar and water in a pan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil.
- Once sugar water is boiling, add hazelnuts and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20-30 minutes, or until the viscosity is syrupy.
- Transfer to a syrup dispenser and add excess to an airtight jar. Add some hazelnuts to the jar to maintain flavor if you would like.
- Stored hazelnut syrup will be good for about 2-3 weeks for best taste.
- If a film forms, you can just scrape it off.
Hello! I am a work-at-home mom to twin girls and a canine. I’m learning what life looks like when you surrender to God. Passionate about parenthood, marriage, and all things coffee!